Official News Magazine of the Diocese of Spokane
Deacon Eric Meisfjord, Editor
P.O. Box 48, Spokane WA 99210
(509) 358-7340; FAX: (509) 358-7302
Gonzaga University’s ‘Wisdom Week’ offers classes in Scripture, theology in June
by the Inland Register
(From the June 13, 2002 edition of the Inland Register)
The Religious Studies Department of Gonzaga University is offering its third annual summer program.
“Wisdom Week” will be held this year from June 24-28.
The weeklong event is geared toward a variety of topics relating to theological and Biblical issues.
Seven workshops are planned this year, facilitated by various GU faculty as well as visiting faculty.
This year’s schedule includes:
• “A Brief Introduction to Buddhism,” by Father James Dallen.
• “The Dead Sea Scrolls: What Difference Do They Make to You and Me?” by Dr. Rob Kugler.
• “The Earth as the Body of God: A Christian Ecofeminist Response to our Ecological Crisis,” Dr. Cate Siejk.
• “Justice, Jesus and the Jews,” Jesuit Father Michael L. Cook.
• “Islam,” Dr. Ted Nitz.
• “Christian Morality in a Global Perspective,” Father Charles Skok.
• “Expressions of My Soul: Praying through the Expressive Arts,” Sister Jane Comerford of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet.
The program offers a wide variety of subjects dealing with personal spiritual growth in the broader context of community involvement. The course offerings are designed to enhance individual understanding and personal development as part of a greater commitment to service.
Cost of the program is $150 per workshop, with discounts available for multiple workshops.
For more details about the workshops and registration forms, click here.
More information is also available by calling (509) 323-6782.
Inland Register archives
© The Roman Catholic Diocese of Spokane. All Rights Reserved