Catholic Diocese of Spokane, Washington
Official News Magazine of the Diocese of Spokane
P.O. Box 48, Spokane WA 99210
(509) 358-7340; FAX: (509) 358-7302
the Inland Register
(From the Sept. 14, 2006 edition of the Inland Register)
Sister Mary Jane Harold (Sister Mary of the Angel Guardian), age 96, died at the Marie-Rose Center at Maryís Woods in Lake Oswego, Ore., on August 14, 2006. She was a vowed member of the Sisters of the Holy Names for 76 years.
The funeral Mass was celebrated Aug. 21 in the Holy Names Provincial House chapel at Marylhurst, Ore.
Sister Mary Jane lived and attended school in Portland before entering Religious life. She made her first vows in 1930. She earned degrees in vocal music and liturgical music, and taught individuals and director choral groups throughout the Northwest, including Spokane, Seattle, and in Astoria, Ore. She also taught French and Latin, and served as resident director as well as librarian of Marylhurst College, Ore.
After she moved to the Marylhurst Convent and Maryís Woods, she made hospitality and community service her special missions.
Remembrances may be made to the Holy Names Sisters Foundation, P.O. Box 411, Marylhurst, OR 97036.
Don Floch, father of Father Roy Floch, died Aug. Aug. 28 in Spokane. He was 84.
The rosary was prayed Sept. 1; the funeral Mass was celebrated the next morning. Both were held at St. John Vianney Church, Spokane Valley. Burial was in Lewiston, Idaho.
He grew up and was educated in Anatone, Wash., and attended Kinman Business College in Spokane before entering the Navy in 1942. He married Naomi Ditmar in 1945.
After his military service, he worked as a Washington State Park Ranger.
After the death of Naomi in 1975, he married Dege Galles, in 1984.
He is survived by his sister, Helen Flynn, and brother-in-law, Ira Weissenfels; his children, Ann, Richard, Dawn, Patricia, Judith, and Father Roy; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his sister, Aldine (Weissenfels).
Memorial contributions may be sent to the charity of the giverís choice.