Catholic Diocese of Spokane, Washington
Official News Magazine of the Diocese of Spokane
P.O. Box 48, Spokane WA 99210
(509) 358-7340; FAX: (509) 358-7302
Gonzaga Prep dedicates new ‘Chapel of the Three Companions’
the Inland Register
(From the May 3, 2007 edition of the Inland Register)
Bishop William Skylstad presided at the dedication ceremony and Mass for Gonzaga Prep’s new chapel, the “Chapel of the Three Companions,” April 11.
The $2.5 million chapel, designed by Rick Berg and the team of Integrus Architecture, Spokane, and built by Garco Construction, measures 6,000 square feet and seats 350.
The Chapel of the Three Companions is named after three of the original founding members of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits), for whom significant anniversaries were celebrated throughout 2006.
The year was the 450th anniversary of the death of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the first general of the Society, and the 500th anniversary of the births of St. Francis Xavier and Blessed Peter Faber.
Gonzaga Prep is located at 1224 E Euclid Ave. in Spokane.