Catholic Diocese of Spokane, Washington
Official News Magazine of the Diocese of Spokane
P.O. Box 48, Spokane WA 99210
(509) 358-7340; FAX: (509) 358-7302
Msgr. Codd, Father Wetzler among presenters at IHRC next month
the Inland Register
(From the May 20, 2010 edition of the Inland Register)
Next month, Immaculate Heart Retreat Center, 6910 S. Ben Burr Rd. in Spokane, continues its catechetical evenings of prayer, and offers other opportunities for prayer and faith enrichment.
• IHRC’s semi-annual Serenity Retreat will be June 4-6, under the guidance of Jesuit Father Tom Weston. The retreat, titled “The Drinking Has Stopped: Now What Happens?” will focus on the 12 steps and consider such questions as, “What can fill the void now that one has decided to heal?” and “How does one gain serenity in the midst of addiction, remaining clean, sober and useful?”
Cost for the retreat is $170, $270 for couples or $100 for commuters.
• Msgr. Kevin Codd, pastor of Sacred Heart Parish, Othello, and author of To the Field of Stars: A Pilgrim’s Journey to Santiago de Compostela, will present a Day of Prayer on Tuesday, June 9, from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Msgr. Codd’s theme is “Pilgrimage: A Life Journey.” Topics will include Christian Pilgrimage; Pilgrimage Stories: Cockleshell Soup for the Soul; and “Just Keep Walking.”
The schedule also includes recitation of the rosary, conferences, opportunities for questions and answers, time for reflection, confessions, lunch, and Mass.
• June 11-13 are the dates for a retreat titled “Healing through the Living Word,” with Kathy Moore, and Sister Mary Matthew of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace. Conferences will focus on Scripture and healing, and will be interspersed with devotions such as the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and the Taize Holy Hour.
The cost of the retreat is $170, $270 for couples and $100 for commuters.
• IHRC’s sixth Catechetical Evening of Prayer is set for Tuesday, June 29, with Father Dan Wetzler of the Diocese of Spokane. Father Wetzler will speak on Chapters 16-18 of the United States Catholic Catechism for Adults. Topics include the sacraments of Confirmation, Eucharist, and Reconciliation.
The evening begins with Mass at 5 p.m., followed by dinner at 5:35. Conferences start at 6:30 p.m., followed by a question-and-answer session and reflection time.
The cost is $35.
For information or to register for any of these programs, call IHRC at (509) 448-1224 or visit the web site: www.IHRC.net.