Catholic Diocese of Spokane, Washington
Official News Magazine of the Diocese of Spokane
P.O. Box 48, Spokane WA 99210
(509) 358-7340; FAX: (509) 358-7302
IHRC Auxiliary always welcoming new members
the Inland Register
(From the August 15, 2013 edition of the Inland Register)
The Auxiliary of Immaculate Heart Retreat Center (IHRC) will host its annual fall luncheon and card party on Tuesday, Sept. 10, at IHRC, from noon-4 p.m. Cost is $10 per person for lunch, card games, mahjong, and more, including raffle items. Participants need not be present to win.
The auxiliary supports IHRC with various fund raisers. Proceeds are used to purchase vestments, drapes, carpets, and other items. New members are always welcome.
Reservations are requested by Monday, Sept. 2. For lunch only, call 328-0592 or 939-5539. For lunch and cards: 328-0592. For lunch and mahjong: 939-5539. For more information about IHRC’s Auxiliary, call 939-5539 or 448-9381.
• A special one-hour “Road to Discovery” program at IHRC will help participants “discover the beauty and peace” to be found there.
Programs and facilities will be toured and explained, including stories of “hope, peace and healing.”
The tours and lunch are scheduled for 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 11.
Deacon John Ruscheinsky, IHRC’s director, will talk about retreat ministry; Sister Mary Eucharista Mazurik of the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church, will talk about IHRC’s various programs.
To RSVP or for more information, call development director Mike Pallardy at 448-1224, ext. 105, or email: email@example.com
• On Saturday, Sept. 28, IHRC will host a Day of Prayer titled “The Spirituality of the Roman Missal,” presented by Father Darrin Connall.
The day begins at 10 a.m. and concludes at 2 p.m.
Father Connall, ordained a priest of the Spokane Diocese on May 29, 1992, is rector of the Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes in downtown Spokane and former rector of Bishop White Seminary. Understanding the importance of Sacred Scriptures can enrich spirituality. Using the new translation of the Roman Missal, Father Connall will highlight texts to deepen appreciation for the Mass, facilitating praying the liturgy in a more meaningful manner.
Cost of the day is $30. Register in advance.
• This fall the Year of Faith Dinner Series resumes at IHRC on the last Tuesday evening of the month, 5-8 p.m.
The evening begins with Mass at 5 p.m., followed by dinner, a topic of the Year of Faith, and concludes with dessert, coffee, and a question-and-answer session. Cost is $25/person.
• Father Steve Dublinski will speak on Tuesday, Sept. 24, on the topic of liturgical renewal. Besides studying at Bishop White Seminary and the Pontifical North American College in Rome prior to ordination, Father Dublinski has completed postgraduate studies in liturgy at the University of Notre Dame. He is a former rector of Bishop White Seminary, named last month as pastor of St. Augustine Parish in Spokane. He chairs the diocese’s Liturgy Commission and serves as the diocese’s Vicar General.
Msgr. John Steiner, a retired priest of the Spokane Diocese who also has completed extensive studies in liturgy at Notre Dame, will speak Oct. 29.
To register for this or other IHRC programs, or for more information, call (509) 448-1224, or visit the web site: www.ihrc.net
IHRC is located at 6910 S. Ben Burr Rd. in Spokane.
© The Catholic Diocese of Spokane. All Rights Reserved